Re: Jabber

Subject: Re: Jabber
From: Chris Hamilton (chris@digitalalaska.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 23:13:44 AKST

Thanks Kevin. I had been beating my head up against that manual for a
couple of hours.

It turns out the fix was pretty easy. I commented out the host tag with
the <jabberd:cmdline flag="h">$HOSTNAME</jabberd:cmdline>

Then I just included what the docs said. Only I didn't make the same typo
they did. They forgot to put the </host> as the closing tag, instead they
say to use <host> as the closing tag. I should have known better. Oh well,
all better now. I knew it had to be something very basic.

The rest of my jabber.xml file is stock, no changes, and it works great.
The windows client I'm using (Exodus) is a little flakey.

---- No good when behind firewall ----

<!--<host><jabberd:cmdline flag="h">127.0.0.1</jabberd:cmdline></host>-->

---- This works when jabber is behind firewall,
just substitute your LAN IP ----

Thanks again.

Chris.