What am I doing wrong? Missing something?

Subject: What am I doing wrong? Missing something?
From: Jen and Britt Godwin (jen.britt@gci.net)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 02:18:39 AKST

I am attempting to install Mandrake 8.2 on a PCI G4 400 640MB RAM. I
get all the way through the install and it tells me that the boot
failed due to no bootloader, and to run mkofboot. I have no idea what
this is or how to run it. I have tried Googling for the information,
but I don't understand the lingo of the instructions I have come
across. Is there a solution that is in plain English?
Thanks in advance,
Lost in the New World....