IpCop/Smoothwall for Small Business

Subject: IpCop/Smoothwall for Small Business
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 16:31:22 AKST

The company I work for is going to be expanding quite a bit in the
coming months, and I am looking into settiong up an IPCop or Smoothwall
machine mainly to firewall our network and to provide DHCP services.
 Currently we just have each machine connected to a switch, which is
connected to an ACS DSL modem and each computer connects with PPPOE
individually. There are about 12 computers and a couple printers
connected right now, with about 6 more computers and a new printer or
two expected to be on the network.

Right now I'm just looking for opinions on IPCop vs. Smoothwall GPL vs.
Smoothwall Corporate. I currently use Smoothwall GPL at home, and I've
heard lots of good things about IPCop, so mainly I'm interested in
opinions on Smoothwall Corporate, and any 'words-of-warning' on IPCop. ;)

Thanks,
Justin