Apache Name Based VirtualHost

Subject: Apache Name Based VirtualHost
From: Jon Reynolds (jonr@destar.net)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 04:14:07 AKST

Does anyone else have this setup and is this the best way to go? Do you
have to add CNames in your DNS server to be able to resolve another
domain? I am thinking this is what has to be done, I also think that I
only need one <virtualhost> defined in my httpd.conf file because my
domain will be handled by a regular setup. From what I have red this
seems like an easy thing to do but I am not finding this so.

Does anyone have a website where it shows the complete httpd.conf file
in it's entirety and the dns settings that would need to be added to
make this work?

Thanks for any help,

Jon