Re: Fetchmail Oddness

Subject: Re: Fetchmail Oddness
From: David J. Weller-Fahy (largely@innocent.com)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 12:33:32 AKDT

* bryan@ak.net <bryan@ak.net> [2002-09-30 01:15]:
> * "J. Mac Mason" <macmasta@ak.net> [2002-09-30 00:57]:
> >
> > I've got a fetchmail config that goes out and pulls down all my messages
> > from my GCI pop3 account to my local machine. The script is cronned to
> > run once every two minutes.
>
> I don't know what your error message means, but putting 'set daemon 120'
> in your .fetchmailrc will tell fetchmail to check every two minutes,
> with no cron job required. Just another option.

Didn't know that about the 'set daemon' thing, thanks. On the repoll
message, I'm using ACS, and have been getting that from their mail
server (using fetchmail) for about 2 weeks now. I just have it zapped,
but haven't been able to figure out why it's happening.

Question, though, do you authenticate with the GCI mail server
(username/password)? Or just depend on them detecting your account from
your connection?

dave