Video editing in linux

Subject: Video editing in linux
From: Jon Reynolds (jonr@destar.net)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 23:49:29 AKDT

I have a video capture card and I want to record and then edit out
commercials. In windows I use a program called virtualdub that works
fantastic, I can record a one hour show and it uses about 300M of disk
space using the divx codec. I am looking for something similiar for
linux but have not found anything yet. I have downloaded kino,
mjpegtools, mainactor, broadcast2000 and cinerella, with only getting
mjpegtools and bcast2000 to compile and install and they don't do what I
want. Does anyone do this in linux and have an app that they use that
actually works or am I stuck in windows for this one?

Jon