Apache+SSL / Lagged or incorrect DNS

Subject: Apache+SSL / Lagged or incorrect DNS
bthundereagle@aidea.org
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 22:41:09 AKDT

I have 2 problems I am desperatly trying to solve. First, my computer is not
resolving any external addreses, and when it does it goes very very slow. This
I may be able ot figure out...but then there is the Apache SSL problem. I added
a line to the httpd.conf file to require SSL, then it wouldn't work because I
needed a certificate. So I disabled SSL requirment. Now, whenever I try to
start Apache I get this error:

Failed to start apache :
Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 530 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'SSLEngine', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration
[FAILED]

I checked the file and it looks correct...it's as if something is corrupt. The
mod_ssl module is loaded for apache. I know it works because I was able ot
connect using https once with the default certificates.

     Brian ThunderEagle
     - bthundereagle@aidea.org
     - furbs@swjedi.net
     - http://www.swjedi.net