Friday Night - Beowulf Clusters

Subject: Friday Night - Beowulf Clusters
From: Brian Tracy (btracy@ideafamilies.org)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 11:34:31 AKDT

Hi, the IDEA Parallel Processing lab would like to invite interested
persons to attend an AKlug meeting at our 200 Center Court office (off C
and Potter).

Meet 6 p.m. after our Cisco Academy class, on Friday September 27, 2002.

I'll be introducing myself and briefly describe what our course is
attempting to accomplish with Beowulf Clusters.

The basics: Scyld disrto Beowulf Cluster. Pov-Ray software installed to
create and render 3D graphic images in a parallel processed manner.

I'm a newbie and could use a lot of help with implementation of the
imaging software. The Scyld distro is fairly straight forward.

I'd also like to hear from the group about other ideas for use of the
clusters.

If you're interested in getting involved with a project that has a lot
of resources behind it, and a variety of options for expansion, I think
you'll like this.

- Thanks, Brian Tracy

222-1776

"No matter where you go, there you are."