FW: Changing the video card driver

Subject: FW: Changing the video card driver
From: Tim Jordan, Network Services (Timothy_Jordan@labor.state.ak.us)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 15:32:25 AKDT

I'm really, really new at this. So forgive my ignorance.

I just installed RedHat 7.3 for the first time on a compaq proliant 850R.
I'm having problems with the video resolution. I'm getting sporadic yellow
lines through the windows I have open. The driver listed in the Hardware
browser shows Cirrus Logic GD543x....Compaq's documentation reads Cirrus
Logic CL-GD54M30.

I guess I need the right driver, how do I go about finding such? Are
drivers in rpm format? Also, I don't see an option to change the driver.
I've been doing windows to long....I need some fresh air and new experience.

My goal is to setup a web server that I can run from home for a home based
business. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim