snd problem with HP Laptop

Subject: snd problem with HP Laptop
From: Jon Reynolds (jonr@destar.net)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 13:05:35 AKDT

I am using rh7.3 with an HP Pavilion zt1135 laptop. I use the setup
program to try and setup my soundcard(AC97). It detects it and then
tries to play a sound bite to insure that it is working properly. When
the sound bite starts all it says is "Hello, hello, hello....."
continuously. While this is very friendly of him I know there is more to
this sound bite than just this because I have heard it before. Has
anyone ran into this problem before and found a resolution?

Any help would be appreciated,

Jon