Apache, anyone?

Subject: Apache, anyone?
From: stephen king (sking@chartercollege.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 15:30:03 AKDT

OK...got DNS up and running just fine; now my five domain names all =
resolve to the correct IP. I've so far left httpd.conf default except =
for the NameVirtualHost directive, and I've set up a virtual host for =
each domain name. For troubleshooting purposes I configured my (Belkin) =
DSL router to put my (RedHat 7) server's IP in the DMZ (Gaak!). All =
it's got on it, currently, besides a few non-default .conf files, is the =
one index.html file for one domain. I figure I can get fancy with =
security once I get the d&*( f&^%'in thing to work.

Problem is, I can't get the web site, even on the local box. From =
outside, I get the following error 403:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.=20

Apache/1.3.12 Server at www.iwannaflirt.com Port 80

Interestingly enough, that's when trying to get to www.rippykin.com. =20

On the box itself, the request just times out.

Any ideas? I know it's gotta be something small I'm not seeing.

Stephen