Re: Linux in the NY Times today

Subject: Re: Linux in the NY Times today
From: Tom (thogland@alaskatech.org)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 06:00:30 AKDT

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Newnham wrote:

> would Lindows work, Im just shooting in the dark:)

It might, except that I don't really know anything about it, except that
it's still beta. I'd much rather try this with something that has a few
miles under it's belt, so to speak :-)

I've found SUSE's boot.iso, Mandrake's 8.2 and 9.0rc1 CDs, plus libranet's
2.0 disk (shame that it's commercial, but still worth a try). I think I
even have a "donor" PC around (Dell 4100). So, will see how these work!

Thanks to all for links and suggestions.