Linux Server and Open Office

Subject: Linux Server and Open Office
From: James Raynor (bamf75@gci.net)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 16:47:09 AKDT

I have finally convinced my boss to let me try to install a Linux
server on our network at
work. I have a 180 Pentium Pro with 256k of ram box that he said I
could
use. Our goal is to basically 'dip our feet' into Linux. We just want
box that will go onto our Novell network, share a drive and store files
on
the shared drive. I don't want to be limited to that, eventually I
would
like to do and see more. I am new to Linux (as if you could not tell)
and
am not sure what distro/version to use. Any help/advice would be
greatly
appreciated. I am also interested in Open_Office, I caught the tail
end of
a discussion yesterday about a Open_Office demo but I am not sure by
who or
where that will take place. Thanks for giving me a clue. Jim