September meeting

Subject: September meeting
From: Mike Barsalou (mbarsalou@aidea.org)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 14:44:04 AKDT

The September meeting will be canceled because of the impending Installfest
on October 2nd. We will be at the booth on the 1st, but the "official"
installfest doesn't start until then 2nd.

We are still looking for volunteers and if you want to stay connected to the
goings on of the Installfest, you should subscribe to the aklug-ops group
where most of the discussion of the installfest is taking place.

Here are some of the things that still need to be taken care of:

Publicity:
- Newspaper
- Distribute flyers
- Radio
- Local cable ?

Help at the booth for both the 1st and the 2nd of October.
Someone highly skilled at OpenOffice:
- We would like someone at the boot to demonstrate OpenOffice in a
proficient manner.
- We would like to show, Windows Version, Mac version, Linux version.
Giveaway coordinator:
 - Create and be in charge of a way to give away swag that is brought to the
installfest

Signage coordinator:
- signs for booth
- signs to booth inside the Egan
- signs/flyers around town

There will be more...so those of you who are thinking of
volunteering...don't be afraid..we will find something for you to do.

Mike