Spamcop Blacklists--cure worse than disease?

Subject: Spamcop Blacklists--cure worse than disease?
From: civileme (civileme@civileme.net)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 14:47:17 AKDT

My mother is in her eighties and lives for email exchange with some good
friends in Costa Rica

Now it appears ptialaska.net has been blacklisted as a spam host, so her
email was returned.

I looked at the spamcop site and I find their arguments reasonable and
perhaps better than the spamassassin assumptions but still nothing to
hang your corporate life on.

My spamfilter is ME. I may have to use the delete jey a few times in
several hundred mails. I have seen it as high as 50% in some cases, but
my experience is that spamfilters block too much and that the spamcop
threshholds are way way too low.

And please save us from the corporate idiots at ISPs who use this stuff
as if it were gospel.

Civileme