apache, iis4 and php?

Subject: apache, iis4 and php?
From: KURT BRENDGARD (brendgard@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 15:06:08 AKDT

ok no laughing, o have to work with what i got :P. i
started out trying to learn some php. i bought a book
and installed the apache web server and php from the
cd onto a win 98 box. got apache running ok no probs
but it wont process php files as php. spits them out
as plain text, source code and all. i installed
personal web server on the box thinking maybe i could
get php to work with that. same problem. i did check
the config files, i did read the destructions, i
played with it for a few hours. anybody out there use
php on a win32 box that can think of anything? i need
it to be a win32 box for this one. im working to put
it on an nt server box for 3 reasons; my supervisor
will prob want to play with it, i would like to get it
to be able to switch back and forth between apache and
iis4 so i can also play with asp as well, and i want
to be able to use it with ms sql server7 and mysql
both. thats the ideal anyways. unfortunatly i dont
have room or resources to make more than one box, nt
and linux both, and i cant do this on our real
servers. anybody have any brilliant ideas? id sure
love to hear them right about now. thanks

                           kurt