Envelopes in OpenOffice: SOLVED!

Subject: Envelopes in OpenOffice: SOLVED!
From: Mike Barsalou (mbarsalou@aidea.org)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 16:03:30 AKDT

Thanks Justin for that.

Here are some things you should know about my setup:

1. I am using an HP 2100N
2. The 2100 N feeds envelopes from the middle of the page using the manual
page feeder

Here is what I did:

STEPS
1. After typing my letter I choose Insert->Envelope
2. On the Envelope tab I typed in the appropriate info.
3. On the bottom third of the Format tab I selected Env 10.
4. On the Printer tab I choose the picture that had the Envelope in the
middle of the page
5. Below that I told it to Shift right 1.5"
6. Then I pressed New Doc so it would put the Envelope on a new page.

NOTES: Because the 2100N print driver doesn't recognize page types I had to
change the page from "Autoselect" to "Manual feed" using the right click and
select page. It is on the PAGE tab.

I hope this helps someone.