Password Expiration With Samba 2.2.x

Subject: Password Expiration With Samba 2.2.x
From: Mike Tibor (tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 11:53:06 AKDT

Can anyone point me to something which describes how password expiration
is done in Samba?

I've looked in the man pages for Samba-2.2.5 (mainly for smb.conf and
smbpasswd(5) and smbpasswd(8) ) but haven't been able to come up with
anything.

The only thing I've been able to do is verify that password expiration
does indeed exist, and that one of the fields in smbpasswd(5) is for "Last
Change Time". I was expecting a parameter I could set in smb.conf,
something like:

 # Number of days before users' passwords expire
 password expiration = 120

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Mike Tibor         Univ. of Alaska Anchorage    (907) 786-1001 voice
Network Technician     Consortium Library         (907) 786-6050 fax