Possible guest speaker for an AKLUG meeting -- need feedback

Subject: Possible guest speaker for an AKLUG meeting -- need feedback
From: Buddha (buddha@gci.net)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 16:39:30 AKDT

I'd like to judge the interest level of having a computer/network security
expert come in to give a talk during the next AKLUG meeting. Please
respond to me personaly to keep this traffic off the list. I haven't
contacted the person yet, but the amount I'll persue this person will be
directly proportional to the amount of positive feedback I get. Please
include some sample questions you might ask so I can give him an idea of
what we'd like to learn. Sorry for being kinda secretive...some of the
info I have on the individual is "rumor and bragging" and so I'll reveal
more as I get my facts straight.

Here's a brief blurb on one this individual's talks in North Carolina that
I found online:

http://www.ncanp.org/meetrpts.htm (scroll down to March)

Quote: "March brought Bob Reny from Strategic Technologies to tell us about
Network Security. Bob worked in network security several years with the
Air Force and had a wealth of information about hacking, cracking and what
you should do to prevent that stuff from happening to your network. Watch
for attacks from the inside, too. Bob says that the majority of loss is a
result of access from inside your network, either advertently or
inadvertently...."

(Mike B. - I will coordinate with you if it's a go.)