2 lpt ports for a laptop

Subject: 2 lpt ports for a laptop
From: Andy Hall (andyhall@gci.net)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 14:17:53 AKDT

I have an interesting question I am stuck on.
Back in the days of DOS companies used to make a parrallel port
splitter. It was a 'Y' cable, one end connected to lpt1 on the
back of a pc, went to a little V shaped box with a cable coming
out of each end, lpt1 and lpt2, you would load up a little tsr
that would capture all printing request and tell the little box
which cable to send it to, lpt1 or lpt2.
I need one of these for a laptop to run an old program on (obviously
not windows) so I can have an lpt1 and lpt2 on a laptop.

I know this is the aklug forum but right now
Any help would be appreciated, Thank You.