Intrusion Detection

Subject: Intrusion Detection
From: damien hull (dhull@digitaloverload.net)
Date: Sat Jun 22 2002 - 18:13:35 AKDT

To all who are interested in network security.

I have a snort box set up to watch my IP address. I'm not sure what it's
watching for but it seems to be picking up a lot of stuff. One thing it's
picked up so far is Back Orifice.

I'm not sure what some of the scans mean.The snort web site isn't much help
either. I'm also not sure if snort is helping me keep hackers out of my
network. So far I haven't done anything with the information. If I spent all
of my time blocking all the IP addresses snort picks up I'd never get
anything else done.

If any body has any thoughts on snort or NIDS I would like to here them.

If you would like to see who has been scanning me point your browser to
24.237.15.237

Damien Hull
www.digitaloverload.net