soft link disappears

Subject: soft link disappears
From: Buddha (buddha@gci.net)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 12:05:59 AKDT

My system is deleting a soft link of mine every once in a while. I'm
getting this cron message:

usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the
socket: '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' exists!

The mysql.sock file is actually in /tmp so I have the two linked with the
command: ln -s /tmp/mysql.sock /var/lib/mysql/mysql/mysql.sock

Well, this link seems to disapper every once in a while which causes the
cron messages. Anyone have a clue why it just goes away?

TIA
-Buddha