Emmulators???

Subject: Emmulators???
From: Brian ThunderEagle (aklug@arcadia.2y.net)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 01:32:22 AKDT

        I am very interested in just switching over to like 90% pure linux.
After my windows 2000 registry got corrupted for the second time I am just
about fed up with Microsoft. My only issue is that I am a gamer. Is there
anything out there (that is free of course) that can "emmulate" a windows
environment so that for example I can still go play counterStrike if I want
to. I know there is software that will let you switch between OS's, but that
is not what I want. I want to go into X-Windows, and be able to play all my
cool games. Any information relating to this is welcome. It is mainly gaming
that I am concerned about. Things like ICQ have web-clients now and there
are things like Star Office, and Open office to take care of Office 2000.
Other than that I would like to be able to use my Adobe Premiere, Photoshop,
After-Effects, CAD programs, and other related high end software. Last, I
have a REALmagic Hollywood Plus MPEG decoder card. I havn't looked yet for
Linux drivers, but I am almost sure that they don't exist. Does anybody know
of some good DVD software for Linux? If possible, software that can utilize
my MPEG card.

      Brian ThunderEagle
      furbs@arcadia.2y.net
      http://arcadia.2y.net