logrotate.status problem

Subject: logrotate.status problem
From: Jim Dory (engineer@ci.nome.ak.us)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 15:58:44 AKDT

Back when I made an error and filled up my root partition for a couple
days (emptied out the offending files days ago) I broke a few things.
Lots of little problems.

I'm slowly fixing things trying to avoid a complete restore. I'm using
this server as a file share dhcp server so have gotten samba running as
PDC. I'm trying to eliminate errors that are showing up. One is the
logrotate.status file reports an error every day via email. I think I
know what the cause may be and wonder what I might do about it.

The message is an error in a particular line. That line reports
[/var/log/samb/log.toshiba 4600 2002-6-4]. I think the problem is the
machine name has a space in it. toshiba 4600. I've just changed the
machine name on the notebook to toshiba1 so that is taken care of. Now
I'm wondering if I can just delete that line in the logrotate file. Or
edit it. Then there's the log.toshiba 4600 file too.. delete it?

Then I'll move on to figuring out why the dhcp is shutting down.

Cheers,

--
Jim D.