Re: USB Compact Flash Readers

Subject: Re: USB Compact Flash Readers
From: William Bouterse (bill@bouterse.com)
Date: Sat Jun 01 2002 - 09:08:52 AKDT

On Fri, 31 May 2002 12:41:38 -0800
Clay Scott <mcfeelie@pobox.alaska.net> wrote:

> i know the SanDisk ImageMate SDDR-31 works as it's the only one i've
> used with linux. it sold for about $30-$40. i'm planning on buying a
> large CF card and using it to install slackware on for the bootable
> drive in my pc110 thus freeing up the pcmcia slots. hopefully someone
> can recommend one a little cheaper if these are still the same price...
>
> clay

OmniFlash (they even have "the penguin" on the container
along with the "usual" suspects..
www.omniflashproducts.com
http://www.compuapps.com/Products/products.html
(I ordered my SM R/W from this company, It was 19.95 in Feb '02
and they actually sent it FREE-SHIPPING to a p.o. box without
the aggravating FedEX caveat')

This company is very supportive of Linux...Please support them...
Sandisk has not added Linux-compatability to their later Readers
i.e. sddr-55 etc and I actually had to get them to change their web-site several months ago which had all kinds of false information which cost me $$$$ to discover.....

Anyhow OmniFlash Uno Reader/Writer works for me in SM format....
Also this one "OmniFlash UnoMas USB Reader/Writer (4 Slot all in one reader / writer, reads/writes Compact Flash,Smart Meida, MultiMeidaCard/ Secure Digital and Memory Sticks" which would be a real desirable item but I have no personal experience with it..

My R/W was recognized and working "out of the box" using Mnadrake 8.x

Please support companies who actively supposrt Linux !!!!

No, I do not work for them....

--
William Bouterse
Talkeetna, Ak.