Free Software Argument

Subject: Free Software Argument
From: Richard Mckinney (mckinney@gci.net)
Date: Sat May 04 2002 - 21:26:26 AKDT

Finally a government official has embraced what I believe to be the
strongest argument for the use of free(Open Source) software. In a
letter to the Peruvian Micro$oft Rep. rebutting his pleas to scrap a
proposed law concerning the use of software for wich source code is not
freely available, DR. EDGAR DAVID VILLANUEVA NU=D1EZ =

Congressman of the Republica of Per=FA explains in eloquent terms one of
the most important reasons I believe that free software should be used.
Link to the slashdot discussion found here:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=3D02/05/04/220237

Rich
-- =

    .--.