Adding groups in Cobalt Raq

Subject: Adding groups in Cobalt Raq
From: Jim Dory (engineer@ci.nome.ak.us)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 08:52:06 AKDT

So I was happily configuring Samba on a RaQ4 to use as a file server when I got to the line
about creating groups.

I was using a tutorial from IBM linked off the linuxtoday.org website, down near the bottom half, and it had the lines:

[root@phoenix root]# group -g 200 admins
[root@phoenix root]# group -g 201 machines

When I typed them, under the root directory, I get a message:
sh : group: command not found

I did a quick search on the Sun knowledgebase site as well as google and googlegroups.

How do I add groups under the Raq4?

Then I need to add users and I assume the command will exist for that, but let me know if I need to know something different for that too.

Its Cobalt Linux release 6.0, Kernel 2.2.14C11

Tia

Cheers, Jim