re: linux downsides?

Subject: re: linux downsides?
From: KURT BRENDGARD (brendgard@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 09:20:29 AKDT

actualy there is one that glares in my mind. this isnt
flamebait so please dont get mad at me. ive been
looking for a decent point of sales system (cash
register) for linux for a while now. i may have missed
some that are harder to find or just coming out but i
have yet to find one. i can find dos and windows pos
software rather easy, im used to installing it. true,
i could set up a windoz emulator on the linux box but
in my mind that kinda defeats the purpose to some
extent. my point is this, software selection for linux
is not where i personaly would like to see it yet.
unfortunatly not being a programer i am not much help
in solving this problem. dont get me wrong, there is
lots of software out there now and more being writen.
me personaly tho, i would like to see more. when linux
gets to the point where grandpa and grandma can go to
comp and pick up any software for linux they may ever
want like they can for windoz, linux will be a whole
lot widely accepted. wished i could program. :P