Linux downsides?

Subject: Linux downsides?
lee@afabco.com
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 05:55:55 AKDT

I'm putting together a brief overview of linux for business types. (keyword
brief <G>).

In the interests of fairness and full disclosure and all that I want to tell
some of the downsides. I have my own thoughts on the matter, most of which
have occurred in the last 5 minutes, but I'm interested in what others see
as downsides of linux, if any.

A few I've got:

Very long and steep learning curve
No 'instant experts' (not sure this is a real downside, but that's a
separate discussion)
Organization (and the people in it) must take more responsibility for its
systems (can't pass the buck when something goes wrong)

Admittedly, these are fairly diffuse, and the only really true downside is
the first one. But I'm interested in what some others think are downsides
to linux, and open systems in general.

Lee