Dynamic DNS Updates

Subject: Dynamic DNS Updates
From: Brian ThunderEagle (furbs@arcadia.2y.net)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 17:48:29 AKST

        Something I am curious how to figure out is how to set up BIND8 DNS to
allow dynamic updates. With my setup, I have a Win2k Primary Domain server,
It used to be set up to use my Linux RedHat7.2 box as the DNS server, but it
could never complete a dynamic update, resulting in logon times of up to 30
minutes or more. An easy workaround was to set up DNS on my Win2k server,
but I want to know how to do it with Bind. If anyone has any information on
this it would be helpful, and I think would be some good information to
know.