Re: Gentoo

Subject: Re: Gentoo
From: Mike Mellor (mmellor1@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Mar 30 2002 - 05:35:39 AKST

> Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:40:03 -0900
> From: Jason Jeremias <jason@jeremias.net>
> Subject: Re: Gentoo (was Re: debian question)
>

> Great more Gentoo Users! I've been using Gentoo for close to 6
> months now also. Prior to that I was using mostly debian system,
> with a few Mandrake, Redhat, etc.. scattered around. I like to try
> them all out and see the differences, changes, and advances each
> disto makes.

Jason -

I have heard about Gentoo, and it sounds like it would be a good thing on my less that bleeding edge hardware (P200 w/ 48M RAM).

My concern is that the install package looks pretty small (I think the iso is under 20M). I use a dial up connection, and I really don't want to spend hours downloading updates/ basic packages. What do you have on your computer after you first install Gentoo (X, Gnome, KDE, office packages, etc)?

Thanks.

Mike

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --