sound problem

Subject: sound problem
From: Richard Mckinney (mckinney@gci.net)
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 13:04:05 AKST

Anyone know why I might be getting a regular, cyclic scratching
background noise through my speakers? Another similar sound crops up
when I move the mouse. When there is disk activity the noise stops!

Config includes:
AWE64 soundcard --works fine
Aztech FM radio card
scsi/ide

everyhting else is pretty stock (?)

I had this problem when I first installed and I forgot now how I got
rid of it but I just installed a radio (FM) card and now that I have the
running the noise is back.
I probably muted the cd audio input before but the only audio connection
on the sound card that I can plug the radio output into is a cdrom
input.
I don't think it is the cheapo radio card because it is the same problem
as before.
I thought it might be RF getting into the cable but the sound goes away
when there is disk activity (scsi).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Rich

--