Mercury SiliconValley.com: ... MUSIC companies to control the internet?

Subject: Mercury SiliconValley.com: ... MUSIC companies to control the internet?
From: Stanley Long (slong@customcpu.com)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 08:57:48 AKST

Mercury News
03/23/2002
Dan Gillmor: Bleak future looms if you don't take a stand.

        http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/2922052.htm

The most recent outrage, detailed elsewhere on this page by my
colleague, Mercury News Staff Writer Dawn Chmielewski, is the music
companies' scheme to control Internet radio or murder it if they can't.

It's essential, for example, that we put pressure on Congress ...

        Tell them you don't want your PC to be neutered into an expensive
        DVD player. And tell them you don't want the Internet, the greatest
        enabler of free speech in history, to be reduced to online
        television.

Here's my message to the record industry and its allies:

I'm not a thief. I'm a customer. When you treat me like a thief, I won't
be your customer.

Enough is enough.