off topic- windoz

Subject: off topic- windoz
From: Peter Q. Olsson (olsson@koyukuk.at.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 24 2002 - 16:43:28 AKST

Hello all

I have a dual-boot machine at home that runs windoz 2k and linux. A friend who
was moving away gave me a bunch of windoz games and my kids are on my back about
getting said games up and running.

 I have yet to get any one of the 15 or so games to run correctly. Various
problems including lockups (no Blue screen of death, though) and keyboard
controls not functioning. Is Windoz 2000 such a "professional edition" that it
will not play and work well with such frivalous applications as games???

ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW...

PQO
   | |
   | Dr. Peter Q. Olsson, |
   | Chief Scientist, Alaska Experimental Forecast Facility |
   | University of Alaska Anchorage |
   | 2811 Merrill Field Drive |
   | Anchorage, AK 99501 |
   | voice: (907) 264-7449 |