there is a new battlefield folks

Subject: there is a new battlefield folks
From: William F. Fulton (fulton@gci.net)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 22:56:44 AKST

Well they did it SEN. Stevens along with his partner in crime from SC have
officialy introduced the SSSCA under a new name the Consumer Broadband and
Digital Television Promotion Act (CBDTPA)bill (S.2048): This is bad very bad
It will make Linux and other open source software as we know it illegal same
with building your own box at home or using non government approved parts or
software on any network. If I'm starting to sound a little freaked out its
because I am come on guys/gals we need to pull together on this call Sen
Stevens E-mail him make noise make lots and lots of noise heres some links
for more info

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/03/21/2344228&mode=thread&tid=103

 http://www.eff.org/alerts/20010921_eff_sssca_alert.html