anyone running text only versions?

Subject: anyone running text only versions?
From: The Fueley (CRivera@gci.net)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 00:19:14 AKST

on one of my boxes, im running the text only version of suse 7.2. mainly
because of limited memory, some trouble with the display drivers, and also i
figuered this is a good way to learn this OS. anyways, now i realize i cant
do much this way except browse the file system! what do i use to do
something as simple as go to web site or connect to an FTP server? i bet
some/or all of you are laughing at me by now. but i thought i could use
lynx, but that's not installed by default, or not included. so if any of you
are running the text only mode, what are the tools or useful apps i could
use in this mode.
thanks all
Chris