(no subject)

Subject: (no subject)
From: Eric Fortner (emf33@gci.net)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 11:41:28 AKST

Hello Mark....

Well for starters the app is not being ported to linux/unix platforms
The fellow I spoke with on the telephone stated they have no plans to
port the software to these "Non used platforms"

Okay my next option is to have it ported or one written in it's place.

The software in complexity is null/ it has one binary/exe that uses a
random access type of data base files sytem, so there are numerous files
where data gets stored........

See if I knew how to code such an app I would do something so simple as
PHP-MySQL......
It would have a browser application frontend to a data base driven backend

This program I tell you is simple but again I am no coder.

It does this:

keeps track of doctors: FN, LN, add, tele# and record #

keeps track of work due/when etc
keeps track of supplies
keeps track of how many units a day and to add to may to work load.......
there are a few more things of course I would have to sit down and
write down everything.........
so you see it is very simplely written I as a non-coder could write it in my
head but I don't know how to do it in any language......But then I have been
around the lab industry for 25 years..........

I work and mantain a system for several doctors in town called practice-works
now this peice of software is huge/ I mean your right it has several modules
and other add-on software packages that intergate within the app too...giant!

but this lab-mate is something small more or less a simple random/read/write
file type of data-base app......

I have not thought of running it on any emu because I wanted it to run native to my
os, the more native apps the better for me and the people I set up to use

emf