disposal of tech junk

Subject: disposal of tech junk
buddha@gci.net
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 18:03:32 AKST

Does anyone know of way to dispose of tech junk here in Alaska (besides
putting it in Stan's van)? :) My 19" monitor died recently and rather than
putting it in a dumpster and it ending up in a landfill, I'd like to be a
good Alaskan and get rid of it in an more earth-friendly manor if possible.

Someone at work suggested I go inside the case and break the nipple off at
the back of the tube near the yoke so it's not a big glass bomb waiting to
implode on my local sanitation engineer. Twenty-five thousand volt power
supplies and the assortment of capacitors in there makes me nervous doing
this so I probably won't.

I have more than just a monitor I need to dispose of...everything is broken
beyond repair.

Any ideas?

-Jim "Buddha" McMorris