Screenrez

Subject: Screenrez
From: Kirk McFadden (captkirk1767@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 21:54:13 AKST

Hated to do it, but I went ahead and reloaded the
whole shootin' she-bang to fix my screenrez problem
on my Toshiba Portege' 7020CT lapdog and I'm thrilled
to report that sure enough the new settings "took" and
I'm cruisin' along crisply in gnome with 'enigma'.
Many thanx for the sync rate suggestions, you know who
you are. Also, the 'text editor' tool in KDE is by far
easier than 'vi', but still, there is something about
KDE that grabs your xconfig and just won't let you
edit it. Once you reboot the old settings take over
and there's no changing it no matter what you tell it
to do.

I went with the "boot into text mode" setting so I can
free myself from the anoying "it's KDE or nothing"
feature of KDE.

Many thanx again for the help and for the tolerance
for a newbie.respectfully.........captkrk