Re: aklug Digest V2 #53

Subject: Re: aklug Digest V2 #53
From: Mike Mellor (mmellor1@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 14:36:33 AKST

> Subject: Re: Digital Camera suggestions?

> Mac Mason wrote:
>
> > Anyone have any recommendations of digital cameras known to work
> > w/linux?
> > A friend of mine is getting a linux-using friend of theirs a camera, and
> > asked me to offer suggestions.
> > Models/Brands in particular? Good experiences, bad ones?
> >
> > ~Mac~

Mac -

I gave my wife an HP PhotoSmart 318, and it works great with Linux. You have to go into the camera settings to have it act as a usb-storage device (easy menu selection). Then you mount it as you would any other usb-storage device and download photos that way. I use gPhoto to view (kind of like a contact sheet). GThumb also is a good viewer.

Mike

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --