internal network (was Re: sendmail problem)

Subject: internal network (was Re: sendmail problem)
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 11:35:07 AKST

okay.. so are you talking about a firewall or gateway or router or what?
   (I apologize - i'm not too up on networking terminology) Is this
something I can set up with my current server by adding a second nic and
using software? or do I need to go down to compusa or wherever and buy a
little box off the shelf?

And to make sure i'm on the same page as you, this would then have the
server or gateway or whatever it's called have the 24.237.3.124 static
ip from gci, and all the other computers/NICs on the network would have
addresses assigned manually by myself? Or I spose I could set up my own
dhcp server also, right?

Justin