mysql problem (already!)

Subject: mysql problem (already!)
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 22:00:05 AKST

First off, I would just like to thank Josh for his excellent
presentation tonight, it told me everything I was wanting to know to get
this up and running correctly

That said, wouldn't you know that I have a question - and not even an
hour after the meeting (I ran right home and jumped on my computer to do
it myself.. :) )

I can ssh into my server computer, which has mysql installed (from the
SuSE 7.3 rpm's) and start up the daemon with no problems, and start up
mysql and all that. But then on my workstation, which is also SuSE 7.3
with mysql installed using the SuSE rpm's, when I try to start the
daemon, I get messages back like:

linux:/etc/init.d # safe_mysqld &
[1] 17532
linux:/etc/init.d # Starting mysqld daemon with databases from
/var/lib/mysql
020220 21:56:10 mysqld ended

I get the same thing if I go into /etc/init.d and do './mysql start'

I am doing this all as root. I can't seem to find a log of any messages
that would hint at why this won't start.. any ideas?

Thanks,
Justin
www.enderakonline.com