oops...

Subject: oops...
From: James Zuelow (e5z8652@zuelow.net)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 18:35:49 AKST

Opps. Hit ^x when I meant ^c....

I was going to ask if anyone had experience hex editing zImage files, and
thought better of it. But, might as well.

Does anyone have experience changing boot parameters in zImage files by
editing them with a hex editor?

I have an IBM 6015 PowerPC machine that will only boot from certain images
optimized for 601 processors. These images boot to ramdisks, and I want
them to boot to /dev/sda3. Hopefully if I can get that far, I can get
Debian Sid up and running on this box, and then make a real set of boot
floppies with a custom kernel compiled on this box.

Is this possible?

Cheers,

James