anyone want a 486?

Subject: anyone want a 486?
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 13:36:39 AKST

I have a 486 computer that I got at Sally's over the summer. It didn't
have any specs listed that I could see, so I baught it thinking it was a
pretty decent one (dx2/50 or so) but after opening it up and looking,
it's a 486sx/25 or 20 or something, it's only got an 80meg hard drive,
and about 2 megs of ram, and a standard vga video card (16 color,
640x480). I believe it has a modem of some sort, 3.5 drive, and maybe a
5.25 drive and it has win3.1/dos 5 or 6 on it right now.

The only real selling point it has is that the case both inside and out
is immaculate (I broke the "warrenty voided" sticker that was still
attached to the case cover to look inside - so it was never even opened
until i came along) And it runs just fine when I plugged it in a couple
months ago.

Anyway, I was hoping to make it into some sort of print server or
something, but I no longer need it for anything, and I would like to get
it out of my storage.

If anyone's interested, either for a project or parts, let me know and
I'll dig it out and give you the actual specs on it (the specs above are
just a guess from what I remember) and it's free if you want to come
pick it up off my hands, or I can bring it to the next APULUG or AKLUG
meeting..

Justin