Gentoo Linux

Subject: Gentoo Linux
From: Jason Jeremias (jasonj@uui-alaska.com)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 13:31:46 AKST

Has anyone else tried out Gentoo linux? If so what did you think? I'm
really impressed it takes a long time to get up and running so it
definately not for the faint of heart. The install is pretty rough
around the edges. Once finished installing all you can say is WOW.
Super fast, the portage system is a cross between the BSD ports and
debians apt. Very powerful, yet simple to use. The init system was a
bit different but I've grown to like it. Portage, I just can't say
enough good things about it. If your intrested here's a url to learn
more. http://www.gentoo.org/

-Jason