Problem with quotas in Mandrake 8.1...

Subject: Problem with quotas in Mandrake 8.1...
From: Joshua J.Kugler (isd@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 07:25:33 AKST

This is a repost, since I didn't get any answers the first time around.
Civileme? Can you help? :)

Well, the 8.1 upgrade Saga continues....

Today I rebooted the server (to make sure power management wasn't enabled).

Since last boot, I had installed the updated Mandrake initscripts. On boot,
it converted my version 1 quotas to version 2 quotas (without asking me, mind
you). Now, when I run

quotaon /home

It gives me this error message:

quotaon: using /home/quota.user on /dev/rd/c0d0p7: No such file or directory

However, /home/aquota.user exists, but it seems it is not finding it. By the
way, aquota.user is only 16K. Which seems odd for a system of 150+ users;
version 2 must be REALLY efficient.

The odd thing is, when I run repquota, all the reported values are correct.
If I rename aquota.user to aquota.user.bak, repquota gives:

repquota: Can't get quotafile name.
repquota: Not all specified mountpoints are using quota.

Renaming it back to aquota.user makes it work.

So, it seems quotaon isn't finding it. Any tips? Pointers? Things I'm
missing?

--
Joshua Kugler, Information Services Director
Associated Students of the University of Alaska Fairbanks