Assembly Language

Subject: Assembly Language
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 09:10:35 AKST

Hello all. I was hoping someone could give me some help here. I am taking a class in which we are doing some assembly programming. The professor recommends using Microsoft's MASM, but we can use whatever we want, as long as it's for the Intel x86 series. My question then is what is a good (better?) alternative to this in Linux? I'm new to assembly, so I'm not sure what I need. Searching through my SuSE packages, I see a few that look like they would work called "asl" and "as86" (IIRC)

Any reccommendations for either of these or something else entirely?

Thanks,
Justin
enderak@yahoo.com