fouled up gnome

Subject: fouled up gnome
From: Jim Gribbin (jewelrysupplier@gci.net)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 11:42:28 AKST

I was doing a little houskeeping on my mandrake 8.1 box at work Sat. and
fouled up something with my ximian-gnome desktop.

The only thing still working on the desktop itself is the panel, which
is the only thing that keeps things working at all.

The wallpaper disapeared, all the icons disappeared, and right-clicking
on the desktop is ignored. Everything on the panel seems to be working
normaly however.

The only thing I can think of that I did that would have effected the
desktop is to move my images folder which moved the image I was using
for the desktop wallpaper. I used the control panel to redirect the
pointer to the new location, but that didn't help. I wouldn't think that
should have caused any problems like this anyhow.

I could probably reinstall the desktop, but I would rather find and fix
the problem. So, if someone has any ideas on what I should be looking
for ...?

Jim