The Linux Counter needs you!

Subject: The Linux Counter needs you!
arthur@corlissfamily.org
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 10:30:24 AKST

Greetings:

Some of you may recall that we recently had to purge the database of accounts
that were inactive for some time. Because of that, the numbers of Linux users
registered on http://counter.li.org/ has declined dramatically. Please
consider verifying that you're registered on the site, and if not, registering
once more.

A little background information: The Linux Counter Project is the oldest
non-profit site tracking Linux user demographics. No personal information is
divulged to any external source, it is used strictly for tracking statistical
usage trends, nothing more.

To make this site as effective as possible, a user should log in once a month
and verify their information is still accurate (number of installed machines,
preferred distribution, etc.). For those wanting to contribute more useful
data, you can register each of your machines as well. In addition, scripts
are available which will automatically update the Linux Counter database
periodically with stats like uptime, # of users, etc.

Please consider participating. I, personally, think this is a worthwhile
cause which can provide an unbiased source of information on the size of our
community.

Now, on to making my job easier. ;-) Here is a list of the current
candidates in Alaska for "bad" records. None of the following e-mail
addresses appear to be valid. If you're the previous owner of one of these,
please update your record to your new address. If you know the person listed
is no longer in Alaska, please let me know, and I'll delete them myself.

And, as always, if you're having trouble using the on-line system, or forgot
your username/password, drop me a line, and I'll send them to you.

        abrause@alaska.net A. Brause
        cramey@alaska.net Christopher Ramey
        dking@alaska.net Dale H. King
        execserv@mtaonline.net Rick