RE: Profanity on the List

Subject: RE: Profanity on the List
From: Dave Loutrel (ACME) (dbl@acme-ent.net)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 14:38:37 AKST

As I read through Mike Tibor's Censorship Advisory I realized that I was the likely target. As a commercial fisherman and system administrator, I acknowledge my propensity for profanity and attempted to tone down my comments in my most recent post. The language I used was certainly more tame than that which spews forth upon my noticing that some script kiddie is attempting to bring down one of my servers.

In an effort to insure my continued enjoyment of this list, I would greatly appreciate the Censor posting a list of words deemed to be profanity on a FAQ page, so that I don't run afoul of some unknown sensitivities.

David Loutrel
Operations Manager,
ACME Enterprises Hosting & Design
www.acme-ent.net

Remember - if all you have is an axe, every problem looks like hours of fun.